OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
My Scrap Menagerie operates https://myscrapmenagerie.com (the “Website”).
Address: 63 Shaw Cres SE, Medicine Hat, AB, CANADA T1B 3Y6
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Site collects some personal data from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, BUSINESS PURPOSE AND USE
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to
• send you our newsletters weekly
• manage contacts and send messages
• ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
• allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
• allow access to third party services’ accounts
• monitor infrastructure
• manage hosting and backend infrastructure
• interact with live chat platforms
• carry out remarketing and behavioural targeting (including display ads)
• display content from external platforms
• carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads)
• interact with support and feedback platforms
• manage user database
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s and GDPR’s scope
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our users within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment- related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you submit or transactions related to products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from your browser while visiting our Website.
- From third parties. For example, from our business partners or service providers.
We do not intentionally collect or use the personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age or sell it with or without affirmative authorization.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
• users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (such as, for example, ……. (add your email service provider if applicable), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Professional service providers.
- Third parties whose services you purchase through our Site.
- Social Media Networks.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
Users who reside in California have the right to request any of the following
- disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected
- deletion of personal information we have collected from you
- disclosure of the categories of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources from which we collected it, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling it, the categories of third parties with whom we share it, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected
- disclosure of the categories of personal information we collected or sold and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of these privacy rights.
Requests can be submitted by you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf by email to jen@myscrapmenagerie.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within forty-five (45) days.
YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the CCPA, “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
As per the CCPA definition, selling personal information includes disclosing information to a third party by using analytics tools, running ads or having social media pixels and plugins installed.
Users who reside in California have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information.
Requests to exercise your right to opt out can be submitted by you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, you are able to create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a username and password and input your email address for profile confirmation. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Cookies are text files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s or tablet device’s or mobile device’s part of the hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to recognize, collect, and/or track information about, and relevant to, your usage of the Website.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
My Scrap Menagerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
CalOPPA (CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
We agree to users visiting our Site anonymously.
Do not track signals
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third-party sources.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years old, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
The Site is intended for individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
By visiting and using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
The Site is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age.
We do not specifically market to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13).
If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, please do not use the Site or provide any information on the Site, including your name, screen name, username, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age without verification of consent from a parent or guardian, the personal information collected or received shall be deleted with no delay.
If you believe we might have any information concerning a child under thirteen (13) years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to delete such information with no delay.